Buddy Bench™ “It’s Cool to be Kind” are evidence based school positive children’s mental wellbeing workshops that empowers children to foster friendships, kindness and help eliminate loneliness in the school playground.
- We as educators have the ability to grow mindsets of caring and compassion in our children.
- We teach children the importance of being kind to themselves and others.
- We help children to recognise and respond to their own feelings – different emotions feel different on the inside, physically. If you can identify your feelings and are aware of them you can make choices of how to appropriately respond to them or change your mood.
- Children can feel how positive qualities such as kindness and compassion feel in their bodies.
- We explore what exclusion FEELS like in our bodies – lonely, scared, unworthy, sad.
- We talk about how inclusion makes us feel accepted, warm, safe, valued.
- We help teach children to notice how others are feeling on the inside by the clues they give on the outside.
To become more resilient we need supportive relationships and emotional awareness, understanding and how to express feelings in constructive ways.
We can learn to practice kindness and empathy to others. Children can learn social and emotional skills that will build resilience and well being in their lives into adulthood.